Rough Runners Race Series
There are three components to the Rough Runners Race Series in earning points, Races, Challenges and Acts.
Each race, act and challenge listed below has a certain number of available points. Points are earned when you complete a run or challenge, place in a run, volunteer for an event, do an act. To be eligible for the RR Trail Race Series you must have registered and have completed at least two Rough Runners races during the calendar year of the Series.
There is a maximum number of points that can be earned per race. For a race, you may earn points by completing your race, placing in race and, by volunteering at a race.
There is no fee for taking on a challenge. For challenges, though, you must complete the challenge in order to earn the points. You don’t complete the challenge, you don’t get the points. Also, you must be able to prove that you completed the challenge with gps maps, times and pictures. If you cannot prove that you completed the challenge you will not be awarded any points.
Acts speak stronger than words. The Acts are a way of doing your part in helping those without a voice, those without power. These Acts call to action volunteering your time to clean up your streets and beaches of trash, nurture nature, care for those in need whether human or critter…basically, do your part as a kind human.
You do not have to participate in the Challenges nor the Acts to be in the Race Series but being a part of these will give you the opportunity to gain extra points to pull ahead and perhaps win the Race Series.
You may wonder why the Rough Runners Race Series is so unlike any other race series around. The answer is that we believe in a life of adventure. Adventure immerses you in a new world full of passion, danger, excitement, fear. Adventure is almost never easy but it always fulfills. It broadens our horizons and exposes us to new perspectives.
With Rough Runners, we try to tap into that adventuresome spirit. We yearn for it. We encourage it. We go after it. That’s what sets us apart from other running organizations and, from any other race series you may come across.
We’re not like the others but that’s okay…a little different is a good thing! So, tap into your inner adventurer, explorer and, run with us, -climb with us, -kayak with us…push yourself to the edge and, take the plunge!
This Race Series does not necessarily reward the fastest but, the strongest and, the adventurer. Strength comes in many forms but in the case of this series it’s about completing what you start, finishing what you’ve quested for. All of us can do that, if we want it bad enough. Change isn’t easy but it’s possible. How badly do you want to exceed your potential?
IMPORTANT: TO BE IN THE 2020 ROUGH RUNNERS RACE SERIES YOU MUST EMAIL DAN HERNANDEZ (DLH14255@GMAIL.COM) AFTER COMPLETING ANY RR RACE AND INFORM HIM THAT YOU ARE PARTAKING OF THE 2020 RACE SERIES. YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE ADDED AUTOMATICALLY TO THE 2020 RACE SERIES UNTIL YOU HAVE CONTACTED DAN HERNANDEZ!
Savannah SSOD Race 1hr and 2 hr
- volunteer: 5 points
- First Place Male|Female each race – 1.0hr, 2.0hr: 10 points
- run & finish 1.0hr: 1 point per mile
- run & finish 2 hr: 1 point per mile
Daufuskie Island Ultra 13.1m|26.2m|39.3m
- volunteer: 15 points
- run and complete 13.1: 13.1 points
- run and complete 26.2: 26.2 points
- run and complete 39.3: 39.3 points
- overall male/female winner of 13.1/26.2/39.3: 15 points each
- 2nd place 25k/50k: 10 points
- 3rd place 25k/50k: 5 points
CGG 155 Mile Ultra and CGG 100
Solo runners that complete the run will earn 155 points. If a solo runner does not complete the cgg, he will be awarded points only for the counties he completely ran through. Relay runners will get points for the counties they physically run through. Ex: the two relay teammates that run that run through Chatham county, they each get the 10 points from that county (not the rest of their team).
- Solo finisher cgg 155: 155 points
- Solo finisher 100 miler: 100 points
- volunteer: 10 points per day, 30 points total
Bronze DragonFly 24 Hour Ultra
- Volunteer: 24 pts entire race; 12 pts half the race; 4 pts 2-4 hours
- Run and complete 6 hr: 1 point per mile
- Run and complete 12 hr: 1 point per mile
- Run and complete 24 hr: 1 point per mile
- Relay 6 hr: 1 point per mile per each team mate but team must complete their race
- Relay 12 hr: 1 point per mile per each team mate but team must complete their race
- Winning relay team gets 20 additional points per teammate
- Overall male/female winner 6, 12 and 24 hrs: 20 pts
- 2nd place 6/12/24 hr: 12 pts
- 3rd place 6/12/24 hr: 8 pts
- Volunteer: 3 pts
- 5k: 5 pts
- 10k: 10 pts
- 20k: 20 pts
- Overall male/female winner: 5k/10k/20k: 15 pts
- 2nd place 5k/10k/20k: 7 points
- 3rd place 5k/10k/20k: 4 points
- volunteer: 2 points for every hour
- overall male/female winner: 30 points of 170k Grit
- 2nd place male/female: 15 points of 170k Grit
- 3rd place male/female: 7 points of 170k Grit
- 1 point per mile per stage
- if you win a stage: 10 points per stage for those not running the 170k Grit
Savannah Urban 50k 26.2 m
- 50k: 31 points
- 26.2: 26.2 points
Badder Marsh (share your results with me for credit)
- 50k: 10 points
- 25k: 5 points
Rough Runners Community Running
- Full moon runs once a month: 5 points for each run.
- Track night: every other Tuesday from 4:30 to 5:30 pm. 5 points each track night.
2019 Challenges: must provide proof with gps map(s) and time durations. Strava and garmin stats are accepted.
- SSOD 50 mile in 30 day challenge: 50 points
- SSOD 25k in one day: 25 points
- SSOD 13.1 miles in one day: 13.1 points
- SSOD 26.2 miles in one day: 26.2 points
- SSOD 50k in one day: 50 points
- SSOD 100k in one day: 62 points
- SSOD 100 miles in 28 hours: 100 points
- run 10k 7 days in a row: 43.4 points
- run 10k 30 days in a row: 186 points
- Run 13.1 miles 7 days in a row: 91.7 points
- Run 13.1 miles 14 days in a row: 86.8 points
- run 13.1 miles 30 days in a row: 393 points
- run 26.2 miles 4 times in a 30 day period: 104.8 points
- run 26.2 miles 2 consecutive days in a row: 52.4 points
- concept 2 row 21k in one day: 21 points
- concept 2 row 42k in one day: 42 points
- concept 2 row 50k in one day: 50 points
- concept 2 row 80k in one day: 80 points
- concept 2 row 100k in one day: 100 points
- concept 2 row 161k in 24 hours: 161 points
- bike cgg 155: 155 points
- CGG by kayak: 200 points
- Kayak to shark tooth island and bring back a shark tooth. post picture of tooth and map of kayak course to social media with hashtag: #roughrunnersofinstagram: 20 points
- Run/swim the entire coastline island of Little Tybee: 55 points
- Kayak completely around Little Tybee, starting at Alley 3 boat ramp and ending there: 45 points
- CGG by kayak (kayak Georgia coast): 100 points
- The Viking Quest: Depart on kayak from Butter Bean beach, land on Priest Landing, run Sav Sultry Swamp 5k course then, run back to Butter Bean Beach: 35 points
- New Year’s day run and plunge. Run 5.1 miles and take a plunge in the Atlantic Ocean on New Year’s day: 10.1 points. If you just taking the plunge or just running: 5.1 points
- Savannah Cemetery Challenge: bonaventure, greenwich, forest lawn, catholic, laurel grove, colonial. You must run the perimeter of each cemetery and also take a selfie by predetermined statue in each of the cemeteries. The statues you must selfie with are pictured below. You must run all of the cemeteries before you’re awarded any points. You must provide garmin or strava maps of your runs when submitting pictures for this challenge. The total points for all of the cemeteries: 85
- Trail maintenance up to 12 hours of work in one year: 12 pts
- Shoes and socks $25 donation: 10 pts
- can drive for food shelter or animal rescue shelter: 1 point per can (up to 25 max).
- Beach or forest trash pickup. For every hour you pick up trash you get 3.5 points. You have to prove with pictures and gps map, time and distance that you picked up garbage.
- Top 5 point earners awarded
- Certificates and products awarded to top 5
Merchandise will be:
- top points: $50 gift card applicable toward any Rough Runners race(s) and, an Arcteryx goretex jacket Norvan running
- 2nd place points: $105 gift card applicable toward any Rough Runners race(s)
- 3rd place points: $50 gift card applicable toward any Rough Runners race(s)
- 4th place points: $25 gift card applicable toward any Rough Runners race(s)
- 5th place points: $20 gift card applicable toward any Rough Runners race(s)
2020 Race Series: Scorecard