The Grit is a three day five stage running race of varying distances that add up to over 100 miles by the completion of the fifth stage. The winner of the Grit will be the runner with the lowest cumulative time at the completion of the fifth stage.
Runners have the option of signing up for the 5 stage race or, sign up for individual stages.
Each stage is its own race.
Runners that signup for individual stages are not eligible to win the Grit, just the stage they have signed up for. If a runner that is only signed up for one stage wins a stage of the race she will be awarded the overall winner of that stage. The same goes if the winner of any particular stage is signed up for the 5 stage race.
The Grit begins on Friday, October 4th and ends on Sunday, October 6th
The Grit (170k registered runners) is capped at 50 runners but some of the stages are capped much higher.
- Stage 1: Gritty 50 Miler. Friday, 10/04. 3:00 pm start time. The 50 miler is capped at 75 runners. Fifty of those spots go the the runners registered for the Grit (170k). Location: Fort Pulaksi: US-80, Savannah, GA 31410
- Stage 2: Shrimp and Grits 5k. Saturday, 10/05. 7:00 am start time. The 5k will be chip timed. You have two hours to complete the 5k. The race cap for the 5k is 200 runners.
- Stage 3: True Grit 50k. Saturday, 10/05. This race will be entirely on a certified 400m track and, start at 8:00 am. The 50k will be chip timed but for only 8 hours. You may still continue to run if you haven’t finished running the 50k after the 8 hour window. Cap for 50k: 50 runners.
- Stage 4: The Ogeechee Grit 30k (18.64 miles). Sunday, 10/06. 7:30 am start time. The course is 2.08 miles. The 30k is capped at 75 runners with fifty of those spots guaranteed to the Grit registered runners (170k). Race location: Savannah Ogeechee Canal Nature Center, 681 Fort Argyle Road, Savannah, Ga 31419. phone: 912.748.8068
- Stage 5: Wormsloe Mile. Sunday, 10/06. 1:00 pm start time. The mile run is capped at 200 runners and will be chip timed.
- 50k: $65, swag: finisher medal, singlet
- 5k: $35. swag: finisher medal, shirt
- 50 mile: $75, swag: finisher medal, zippered hoodie
- 30k: $50, swag: finisher medal, long sleeve shirt
- 1 mile: $30, swag: finisher medal, entry to wormsloe
- Grit: $235, All five stages, swag offered by the five stages, buckle if complete every stage
- Top male and female of each stage are awarded
- Top three male and female of the Grit are awarded.
- Every runner that completes the Grit Stage Race gets a buckle
All Rough Runners events are cup free. You must bring your own water bottle.