The Grit is a three day five stage running race of varying distances that add up to over 100 miles by the completion of the fifth stage. The winner of the Grit will be the runner with the lowest cumulative time at the completion of the fifth stage.
Runners have the option of signing up for the 5 stage race or, sign up for individual stages.
Each stage is its own race.
Runners that signup for individual stages are not eligible to win the Grit, just the stage they have signed up for. If a runner that is only signed up for one stage wins a stage of the race she will be awarded the overall winner of that stage. The same goes if the winner of any particular stage is signed up for the 5 stage race.
The Grit begins on Friday, April 16, 2021 and ends on Sunday, April 18, 2021
The Grit (170k registered runners) is capped at 50 runners but some of the stages are capped much higher.
Stage 1 Gritty 50 Miler: location to be determined
- Stage 1: Gritty 50 Miler. Friday, 04/16. 3:00 pm start time. The 50 miler is capped at 75 runners. Fifty of those spots go the the runners registered for the Grit (170k). R
Stage 2 Shrimp and Grits 5k at King’s Ferry Boat Ramp
- Stage 2: Shrimp and Grits 5k. Saturday, 04/17. 7:00 am start time. The 5k will be chip timed. You have two hours to complete the 5k. The race cap for the 5k is 200 runners. Location: 6811 Chief of Love Rd, Savannah, Ga 31419. .
Stage 3 True Grit 50k: location to be determined
- Stage 3: True Grit 50k. Saturday, 04/17. This race will be entirely on a USATF certified 400m track .
Stage 4: 1 Mile Sprint. Location to be determined
- Stage 4: Sunday, 04/18. 7:30 am start time. The mile run is capped at 100 runners and will be chip timed.
Stage 5 Ogeechee Grit 30k. Location to be determined
- Stage 5: The Ogeechee Grit 30k (18.64 miles). Sunday, 04/18. 10:00 am start time. The course is 2.08 miles. The 30k is capped at 75 runners with fifty of those spots guaranteed to the Grit registered runners (170k).
- Top male and female of each stage are awarded
- Top three male and female of the Grit are awarded.
- Every runner that completes the Grit Stage Race gets a buckle
- No pacers are allowed during any stage of the Grit.
- Runners must have a headlamp and reflective vest from dusk to sunrise.
All Rough Runners events are cup free. You must bring your own water bottle.